Not sure if professional photos are worth it?
if you're listing an airbnb, vrbo, or other rental chances are you're hoping to keep it fully booked. So, if you're wondering if it's worth hiring a professional to capture the space that you've probably put so much time, money and energy into, the short answer is yes!
Here are just a few of the many reasons why.
- THE PHOTOS ARE THE FIRST (AND USUALLY ONLY) IMPRESSION GUESTS HAVE OF YOUR HOME. IF THEY DON'T COME OFF AS PROFESSIONAL, OFTENTIMES THAT SPACE YOU POURED SO MUCH LOVE INTO WON'T GRAB THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
- you are able to make more from your listing. according to airbnb, hosts with professional photography charge 20% more than those who do not have professional photos. think about 20% more TIMES MULTIPLE BOOKINGS A YEAR. THAT ALONE IS WORTH THE COST OF HIRING A PRO TO DO THE JOB.
- YOU WILL GET 20% MORE BOOKINGS AS WELL. THINK ABOUT SHOPPING ONLINE FOR ANYTHING. WOULD YOU BE MORE LIKELY TO PURCHASE AN ITEM THAT LOOKS PROFESSIONALLY PHOTOGRAPHED OR ANOTHER SIMILAR ITEM THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE TOOK THE PICTURES WITH A CELL PHONE? THE SAME GOES FOR YOUR HOME. WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE SHOPPING FOR A VACATION RENTAL, THE PHOTOS ARE WHAT GRAB YOUR INITIAL ATTENTION. EVEN MYSELF... I TEND TO SCROLL ON THROUGH LISTINGS THAT ARE DARK AND UNFLATTERING. THE HOME MAY BE BEAUTIFUL, BUT WITHOUT THE RIGHT PHOTOS, IT CAN LOOK DARK AND UNFLATTERING.
- IT IS AN INVESTMENT THAT WILL BE EASILY RETURNED. PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS CAN BE USED AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR GUESTS TO VIEW. JUST ONE BOOKING IN MOST CASES WILL PAY FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS.
- YOU, AS A HOST, WILL COME OFF AS MORE PROFESSIONAL. GREAT PICTURES TAKE BUSINESSES AND HOSTS SO MUCH FURTHER NOW THAN IN THE PAST. ESPECIALLY THESE DAYS WITH SOCIAL MEDIA. KEEPING YOUR HOME'S SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENT AND CONSISTENT IS SOMETHING VIEWERS WILL APPRECIATE AND KEEP IN MIND.
IF YOU'D LIKE TO TAKE YOUR SHORT TERM RENTAL TO THE NEXT STEP TODAY, CONSIDER HIRING A PROFESSIONAL TO TAKE YOUR PHOTOS. IT'S A DECISION YOU WON'T REGRET!